Steps to apply for an Earlham off-campus May Term:
1. Read the information sheet about the May Term. (Click on May Term name for information.)
2. October 1: Apply for scholarships for off-campus May Terms. Print application, complete and submit to the International Programs Office in LBC 131. Application is also available in IPO in paper form.
3. Write your application essays electronically (see PDF for essay questions) before completing your online application. You will need to copy and paste your essay responses into the online application.
4. October 15: Complete the online May Term application.
5. October 15: Submit supporting application materials to IPO. Print PDF of Student Development and Academic Advisor forms, request signatures and bring completed forms to IPO.
6. Complete the interview. After you have submitted your online application and supporting materials, IPO or the Faculty Leader of your May Term will contact you to set up an interview.
7. November 4: You will be informed if you are selected for the May Term by the start of pre-registration for Spring semester.
8. December 2: Confirm your participation in the May Term. Please note that withdrawal after this date will result in being charged the non-refundable $350 enrollment fee.
9. December 31: Payment is due for Spring semester charges, including May Term.
10. January 21: Students who add the May Term after this date will be required to pay a late tuition fee.