Memories of Earlham and of the friendships made here are treasured in your heart. Every fall, Earlhamites come back to the College's Heart and make some new Earlham memories at Homecoming & Reunion Weekend!
This year's weekend saw hundreds of alumni return to campus to cheer on the Quaker athletic teams, honor alumni receiving an Outstanding Alumni Award or induction into the Athletics Hall of Fame, and reunite with good friends.
Attendees toured newly renovated buildings and saw current construction projects, attended sample classes with Earlham faculty, and spent time with classmates at events throughout the weekend. Some of the highlights included:
- the Homecoming concert, featuring Earlham's Percussion and Jazz Ensembles, and Juan Dies '88 and his Grammy-nominated group, Sones de Mexico
- the Alumni Awards Ceremony, which honored Helen Greenwood Hansma '67, Lew Frederick '73, and Juan Dies '88.
- the alumni baseball game in the new Randal R. Sadler Stadium
- the all-alumni picnic lunch in the Athletics and Wellness Center
- enjoying a frosty root beer (courtesy of the Alumni Council) at the Homecoming football game against Manchester University
- Class dinners at locations all over Richmond
Next year's Homecoming and Reunion Weekend will be just as exciting, with the dedication of the new Visual and Performing Arts Building and the very first All African American Alumni Celebration! You won't want to miss it, and it's never too early to start planning your return to Earlham. We hope to see you on the Heart, October 24-26, 2014.
Until then, you can re-live some of the memories made during Homecoming and Reunion Weekend 2013 in the slideshow below.