Charitable gift annuities can be a wonderful way to secure fixed income, reap some immediate tax benefits and make a meaningful charitable gift at the same time.
How it works:
- A charitable gift annuity is a simple contract between you and Earlham.
- In exchange for an irrevocable gift of cash or securities, Earlham agrees to pay one or two annuitants you name a fixed sum each year for life. The payments are guaranteed by the general resources of the institution.
- The older the designated annuitants are at the time of the gift, the greater the fixed income.
- You qualify for a federal income tax deduction at the time of your gift.
- Your designated annuitants will receive fixed payments for life.
- In most cases, part of each payment is tax-free, increasing each payment's after-taxvalue.
- If you give appreciated securities, you will pay capital gains tax on only part of the appreciation.
- The remaining proceeds from the gift come to Earlham to support whatever purpose you designate.
Minimum Gift Required: $10,000
If you are interested in doing your own planned gift calculation for a Charitable Gift Annuity, please visit GiftCalcs' secure server.
Gifts That Pay Income for Life