Want to get the inside scoop on your class reunion celebration? Be at the forefront of your class reunion efforts by volunteering to be on the committee! Each Earlham class reconnects on campus every five years to celebrate their reunion. We are currently preparing to celebrate classes ending in 1 and 6 during Homecoming and Reunion Weekend 2016, October 14-16, 2016.
The Alumni Office works with each reunion class to assemble a committee to serve as voices for their peers throughout the year of the reunion. Committee members are involved in the initial brainstorming phase, building enthusiasm for attending the reunion, planning a variety of activities and leading the class giving effort. The committee communicates with each other and the Alumni Office via email, conference call and in-person (when possible) throughout the reunion process starting as early as the winter before the reunion.
Best planning practices for reunion committee members include:
- Making decisions about class reunion activities, such as helping select venues on campus and in the Richmond area, choosing menus and planning other activities that would be of interest to friends and classmates.
- Drafting letters that generate interest in the reunion.
- Contacting classmates via phone and email to encourage them to attend the reunion.
- Assisting in setting class fundraising goals.
- Maintaining a Facebook page, or similar social media site, for classmates to stay updated and engaged throughout the entire reunion process and increase excitement.
- Leading by example and demonstrating personal support for the class gift by making a financial contribution.
- Announcing the class giving total and participation to date, as well as thank volunteers and donors at the class dinner.
- After the reunion, follow up with classmates to remind them the importance of making a contribution toward the class goal.