We believe completing an internship is an integral part of your Earlham education. It is required for the major and offers you opportunities for:
- Experiential education about companies or nonprofits/NGOs
- Career exploration
- Applied learning in marketing, management, accounting, finance, economics
- Faculty assessment of your learning experience
- Transition between college and a career
Bemba Diarra '12 interned at the Development Bank of Mali.
Steps for a BNP Management Internship:
- Complete MGMT 100 or MGMT 200.
- Declare your major
- Get to know the staff in the Center for Integrated Learning and watch for announcements from them about networking opportunities, resume writing, internship application opportunities, and other career development workshops and meetings. The staff will assist you in the next two steps.
- Develop your resume and review and revise it in consultation from the Center for Integrated Learning.
- Find an internship - paid or unpaid. It's up to you. This prepares you for future job hunting. It takes time. It takes patience and persistence. For ideas, see links below for options to consider. For help see the Center for Integrated Learning.
- Complete the internship form and have it reviewed and signed by the employer, a BNPM adviser, and the Registrar during spring registration for a summer internship or during fall registration for a winter internship. Register for 1 credit.
- In the fall after your internship take Field Experience Seminar (2 credits).
- Revise your resume to reflect your experience and academic work and stay in touch with career development activities.
Schedule an appointment with the Center for Integrated Learning to get help on your resume or any other needs:
Director of Career Advising and Graduate Outcomes
E-mail: email@example.com / Phone: 765-983-1728
Your internship position should afford you:
- Access to multiple areas of the organization
- Financial and budgetary information or alternative quantitative information
- Exposure to decision making processes
- Information on the organizational structure
- Knowledge of operations
|Apply to one of our programs:||Apply through IPO:||Find your own!|
|New York Arts Program
||Valplast (Long Island, New York)
||Lithko (near Cincinnati, OH)
||Network: draw on alumni, friends, parents and other contacts of friends
|| Asia Tech Source