Services for Alumni
At Earlham, we view a career as not just a job, but a journey. Our office is committed to helping Earlhamites pursue their goals and aspirations even after graduation. Alumni services include, but aren’t limited to:
- reviews of resumes, cover letters, and other career-related documents
- career advising appointments
- access to QuakeConnect, Spotlight on Careers, GoinGlobal, and MyPlan
- networking connections through the Earlham Career Network (ECN)
Use the tabs on this page to explore the Career Education Office's services and resources for alumni.
The Career Education Office is your resource for career guidance. If you are interested in communicating with a Career Adviser, whether in-person or via phone, Skype, or email, simply contact our office.
The Heart is the online hub for Earlham students, faculty, and staff. Alumni can request an account by contacting the Earlham HelpDesk. Once logged in, click on the Alumni tab to find information from the Career Education Office. The Heart provides alumni with access to our office's career resources, including:
- Spotlight on Careers - A collection of career-specific web guides developed for the liberal arts student. Links to jobs and internships as well as tips and strategies on job hunting are included.
- GoinGlobal International Careers Guide - Explore more than 16 million internship and job listings within the U.S. and around the world. Learn about employment trends in major industries, work permit regulations, cost of living data, and much more! To access the full site, please log in to The Heart, click the Campus Life tab, and find the GoinGlobal link in the Career Education Office box.
- MyPlan - A career planning tool that includes free assessment tools for Earlham students (access code available in the Career Education Office).
- QuakeConnect - Search postings for service, internships, summer jobs, full-time employment and other opportunities.
- Testing & Education Reference Center - Career and graduate school preparation including sample tests such as the GRE and the GMAT.
For more information, contact the Career Education Office.
What is the Earlham Career Network (ECN)?
The Earlham Career Network, or ECN, is a database of Earlham alumni who are interested in serving as mentors and career connections to students and fellow alums.
Many alumni make use of the contacts contained in the Earlham Career Network (ECN) for personal and professional development. Some alumni decide that they have information and insight to share with students and other alums and become ECN mentors themselves.
Connect with the ECN
To connect with fellow alumni for career guidance or networking, contact the Career Education Office. Our staff can search the ECN for keywords relating to location, major, graduation date, and/or job title and provide you with the information needed to connect.
Alumni as Employers
Many of our alumni are influencing the world in meaningful ways and find themselves with positions to fill. We welcome the submission of any information you might have about job, internship, or volunteer opportunities. To post opportunities for Earlham students, contact our office or log in to QuakeConnect, our office's online job posting and application system.
QuakeConnect allows members of our community to create a profile, search for and apply for jobs, and connect with employers of interest. Alumni who are positioned to offer job, internship, or volunteer opportunities are encouraged to access QuakeConnect as Employers to reach out to our students.