Services for Alumni
At Earlham, we view a career as not just a job, but a journey. Our office is committed to helping Earlhamites pursue their goals and aspirations even after graduation. Alumni services include, but aren’t limited to:
- reviews of resumes, cover letters, and other career-related documents
- career advising appointments
- access to QuakeConnect, Spotlight on Careers, GoinGlobal, and MyPlan
- networking connections through the Earlham Career Network (ECN)
Use the tabs on this page to explore the Career Education Office's services and resources for alumni.
The Career Education Office is your resource for career guidance. If you are interested in communicating with a Career Adviser, whether in-person or via phone, Skype, or email, simply contact our office.
The Heart is the online hub for Earlham students, faculty, and staff. Alumni can request an account by contacting the Earlham HelpDesk. Once logged in, click on the Alumni tab to find information from the Career Education Office. The Heart provides alumni with access to our office's career resources, including:
- QuakeConnect, our office's online job posting and application system. Alumni can access QuakeConnect to post opportunities for our students, as well as search for opportunities themselves.
- Spotlight on Careers, a career website directed toward liberal arts majors. This resource provides information regarding various career fields, including further education, resume and interview advice, and websites to use for a job or internship search.
- GoinGlobal, a website for finding information and opportunities both in the U.S. and around the world. GoinGlobal provides country guides for more than 30 countries, as well as several USA and Canada city guides. These guides offer cultural advice as well as information on work permits and visas, job and volunteer opportunities, and more.
- MyPlan, a career planning site which includes access to various career assessments. If you are interested in taking these assessments, please contact our office, and we will provide you with the Earlham access code.
- Testing & Education Reference Center, a career and graduate school preparation site which includes sample tests for the GRE, GMAT, and more.
For more information, contact the Career Education Office.
What is the Earlham Career Network (ECN)?
The Earlham Career Network, or ECN, is a database of Earlham alumni who are interested in serving as mentors and career connections to students and fellow alums.
Many alumni make use of the contacts contained in the Earlham Career Network (ECN) for personal and professional development. Some alumni decide that they have information and insight to share with students and other alums and become ECN mentors themselves.
Connect with the ECN
To connect with fellow alumni for career guidance or networking, contact the Career Education Office. Our staff can search the ECN for keywords relating to location, major, graduation date, and/or job title and provide you with the information needed to connect.
Become an ECN Mentor
To join the ECN as an alumni mentor, complete the Alumni Update/Class Note Form. Alumni are able to use this form to register for the Earlham Career Network and volunteer for a variety of mentoring opportunities, including:
- Reviewing student resumes
- Visiting campus as a guest speaker
- Conducting practice interviews with students
- Participating in networking events
- Providing career guidance to students
- Allowing students to job shadow and/or conduct informational interviews
- Posting job and internship opportunities on QuakeConnect
- Hosting students who may be visiting their location for an interview or other opportunity
Alumni as Employers
Many of our alumni are influencing the world in meaningful ways and find themselves with positions to fill. We welcome the submission of any information you might have about job, internship, or volunteer opportunities. To post opportunities for Earlham students, contact our office or log in to QuakeConnect, our office's online job posting and application system.
QuakeConnect allows members of our community to create a profile, search for and apply for jobs, and connect with employers of interest. Alumni who are positioned to offer job, internship, or volunteer opportunities are encouraged to access QuakeConnect as Employers to reach out to our students.