Searching for Jobs and Internships
Are you looking for a job or internship? Our office can provide you with resources and support throughout your search. Schedule an appointment with a Career Adviser to review your resume or cover letter, or check out some of our online and print resources to find opportunities and prepare yourself for the future. To learn more about finding jobs and internships, check out these resources:
Earlham College Career Education Office: Job Search Strategies Resource
Earlham College Career Education Office: Internship Resource
To find opportunities, start with these resources:
- Earlham Internships - Earlham internship programs include Richmond Summer, Indiana Pathways, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Kenlee Ray Library and Archives, Asia Tech Source China, and more.
- Visit our Resource Toolbox to find more job and internship search resources. Please note that some resources may require you to log in or enter an access code; our office can provide you with this information.
- Log in to QuakeConnect, our office's online opportunity posting system. Find jobs, internships, service, and research opportunities; upload your resume and cover letter; and apply directly through this system.
Resumes and CVs
A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) communicates your story to a potential employer, graduate school admissions office, or other person or organization. In the Career Education Office, we can help you articulate your story effectively through one-on-one appointments, workshops, and more.
Do you just have a few questions about resumes which you need answered right away? Our Peer Career Advisers are available for drop-in advising during these hours.
Our office also provides free resume printing for Earlham students. Contact Kim Wills to learn more.
Build Your Resume
A resume is a one- to two-page document which highlights your relevant experiences and accomplishments. Check out this resource to learn more about how to build a resume:
Earlham College Career Education Office: Resume Resource
Create a CV
A curriculum vitae, or CV, is an overview of your accomplishments and experiences, usually with an emphasis on academics and research. Unlike a resume, a CV can extend past two pages. Check out this resource to learn more about how to build a CV:
Earlham College Career Education Office: CV Resource
NOTE: In some countries, the term CV refers to a brief, resume-like document of one to two pages in length, not the academic CV described here.
A cover letter (also called a motivational letter) is a document often submitted to an organization alongside a resume or CV. The cover letter aims to:
- Inform the person to whom you are writing that you are seeking a position at his/her organization
- Provide information about your own background and relevant skills
- Demonstrate how your skills and experiences integrate with the employer's needs
Check out this resource for more information about how to craft a cover letter:
Earlham College Career Education Office: Cover Letter Resource