Specifically designed immersion experiences help integrate academic content and professional skills through internships, off-campus study and faculty-student research.
Internships available through the Integrated Program in Sustainability:
- Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C.
- Hoosier Environmental Council in Indianapolis
- The Nature Conservancy in Indianapolis
- City of Richmond Dept. of Metropolitan Development.
Off-campus study opportunities include:
- Month-long study trip investigating renewable energy policy in Europe
- Semester-long study trip in New Zealand
- Semester-long Border Studies Program
IP Students also have the opportunity to participate in real-world collaborative projects, working on sustainability projects on campus and in the community. Check out the Pathway to Sustainability Careers for more information!
A faculty coordinator directs the program and helps students make connections to alumni, practitioners in the field and graduate programs.
Workshops, speakers and events scheduled throughout the year offer lots of opportunities to learn new skills, discuss cutting edge research and hear from scholars and leaders in the field.
The faculty coordinator helps advise students on appropriate academic courses across the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities to gain both breadth and depth of understanding.