Congratulations to Earlham’s Class of 2013
Members of the Class of 2013 crossed Chase Stage and received their diplomas at Earlham's 166th Commencement Ceremonies on Saturday, May 11.
President David Dawson helped deliver the degrees to 214 graduates receiving the Bachelor of Arts degree, 15 students receiving the Master of Arts in Teaching degree, and six receiving the Master of Education degree. The Earlham School of Religion conferred 15 Master of Divinity degrees.
The Right Honourable Sir Alan Beith, a Member of Parliament in the United Kingdom, received an honorary degree.
Professor of Biology Bob Rosenberg presented the Baccalaureate Address, “Conformational Change.”
Here are some interesting facts about the Class of 2013:
- About 30% competed in intercollegiate athletics
- About 19% are international students
- 21% are from Indiana
- 18% are from the Midwest — outside of Indiana
- 22% are from the East and Mid-Atlantic
- 11% are from the West and 9% from the South
- 9% are Quakers
- Their grade-point average was 3.07 in the 2012 Fall Semester
Watch videos of this year's Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies.
Every year Earlham's Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies are streamed live at the Earlham website for the pleasure of our graduate's family and friends and our globally engaged alumni network.