Billing and Payment Information for New Students
All billing for tuition, room, board and other fees at Earlham is done online through our Student Account Center (SAC), administered by Tuition Management Systems and available 24/7.
It is critical that students check their Earlham email account regularly, as important information will be sent to their Earlham email address.
Incoming students will receive an email to their Earlham email address in June from Earlham College [email@example.com] with instructions for logging into the Student Account Center. Due to Federal privacy regulations, students must sign up first and then authorize their parents or others to have online access to their account.
All students must register for access to the SAC in order to view and print their semester bills. If a student accidentally deletes the introductory message before registering, they may call Tuition Management Systems after June 15 at 800-307-6551 to request a new email.
Your Fall 2017 Semester Bill
All students, parents and others registered in the SAC will receive an email in early July stating that your Fall semester bill is available in the Student Account Center. After you log in to the SAC, you can view or print your bill.
Your bill will show the semester charges for tuition, fees, room and board, as well as a charge for health insurance (see below). The bill will also show any pending financial aid processed by Earlham to be credited to your account, and the balance due Earlham for the semester.
Please Respond to the Accounting Office by July 31
We need to know by July 31 how you intend to take care of the balance due on your account. To respond to this bill, you may:
- Print, complete and mail us the “Method of Payment Selection Form” below, or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your payment option.
1. Payment in full by Monday, August 14, 2017
- Pay online through the SAC or visit www.earlham.afford.com and make a one-time payment. Use your bank account at no charge or your credit card for an additional fee.
- Mail a check payable to Earlham College to: Earlham College Accounting Office, 801 National Road West, Richmond, IN 47374
- For bank wire transfer instructions, write us at email@example.com.
- International students may go to www.flywire.com/school/earlham and make a bank transfer from their home country using a guaranteed low exchange rate.
2. TMS Monthly Payment Plan
- A 4- or 5-month payment option is offered to cover semester charges.
- TMS charges a $35 enrollment fee but Earlham’s monthly 1% service charge is waived.
- Sign up through the SAC or visit www.earlham.afford.com or call 800-307-6551.
- Monthly payments can be automatically deducted from your bank account or, for an extra fee, charged to your credit card.
3. Deferred Plan
- Pay one half of the amount due by July 31, 2017, and pay the remaining balance in three equal installments: 1/3 by August 31, 1/3 by September 27, and 1/3 by October 31.
- A 1% service charge on the outstanding balance will be added at each month's end.
You should arrive on campus prepared to pay for your first semester books and supplies. That amount varies with the courses you will take, but a cost of $500 or more is not unusual each semester.
For enrollment at Earlham, you must purchase Student Health Insurance unless you are covered on another health care plan that is effective for services provided in the state of Indiana. Information about Earlham's Student Health Insurance plan can be found online at www.4studenthealth.com.
For the year 2017-18, the cost of Student Health Insurance is $1,091 and the student is covered for the entire twelve months — beginning August 1, 2017 and ending July 31, 2018.
If you decide to opt out of the Student Health Insurance plan, you must complete the Insurance Waiver form, and return it to Student Accounts no later than August 31, 2017. We will then credit your account for the health insurance charge that is posted in July.
International students who would like to waive Earlham’s Student Health Insurance Plan must, in addition to signing the waiver form, provide written proof that they are covered by a health insurance plan that is valid in the U.S. and that provides adequate coverage for the high cost of medical care in this country.
Outside scholarships, loans that have not been accepted on theHeart (portal), and work-study awards do not appear on the bill as a pending credit. Students must obtain employment, work and report their hours to receive the work-study award. If you wish to apply your work-study award to your account, please complete a payroll deduction form in the Accounting Office. If all financial aid requirements have been met, your other financial aid will be credited to your account after classes begin. If you have any questions about your financial aid, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds of Credit Balances
If your student loans result in a credit balance on your account, you may request a refund from the Accounting Office at email@example.com after the add/drop deadline for fall semester has passed.
Monthly Service Charge
A 1% service charge on the unpaid balance is added to the account at each month's end if you are not enrolled in a TMS Monthly Payment Plan.
Returned Payment Fee
A $25 fee is charged to the account if a payment is returned by your bank.
Withdrawals and Tuition Refunds
Depending on the date a student withdraws from college and their financial aid status, tuition, room, board and other fees may or may not be refundable. See the complete Refund Policy/Return of Financial Aid Policy.
Method Payment Form
Complete the Method of Payment Form.