Seasonal Mower — Facilities
August 05, 2014
Earlham College is seeking a Seasonal Mower to work in the Facilities Department. This position has variable hours, although typically 40 hours per week from August through late October, but could potentially last later into the fall, if required by conditions. The salary is set at the temporary rate of $9.50 per hour.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs mowing, trimming and planting activities, using riding and hand mowing equipment, tractor and other grounds equipment and tools.
- Performs routine (grounds) equipment maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
This position requires a seasoned professional with a record that demonstrates the following:
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use powerful, high-speed grounds equipment both safely and efficiently.
- Ability to perform physically strenuous job duties.
- Commitment to working in a team setting on a college campus.
- Must have a valid Indiana or Ohio driver's license with a clean driving record upon application, and at all times while employed by the College*.
*As a requirement of this position, a background check will be done.
Qualified employees wishing to be considered for this position should notify their supervisors and the Human Resources Office promptly. Any other potential applicants, whether or not they are College employees, should be referred to the Human Resources Office. All applicants should send a signed application form and/or resume to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Applications will be reviewed at the discretion of the hiring supervisor, and the position will be filled as soon as possible.
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).