Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director
March 19, 2014
Earlham College is seeking applicants for the position of Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director in the Office of Admissions. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits. This position reports to a more senior member of the Admissions Office and ultimately to the Vice President of Enrollment and Communications.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate as a team member in all aspects of the recruitment, selection and admission of students in a goal-oriented setting.
- Travel in a geographically assigned territory.
- Represent the College during high school visits and college fair programs.
- Communicate in person, through social media and email, on the telephone, and through mailings with students, families and counselors.
- Conduct on and off-campus interviews with prospective students and applicants.
- Participate in the planning and execution of campus and off-campus events.
- Evaluate candidates for admission.
- Additional administrative duties will be determined.
Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to enthusiastically promote the value of an Earlham liberal arts education to students, their families and centers of influence.
- Demonstrate writing and oral communication skills.
- Time and organizational management skills.
- Interest in students and their educational goals.
- Computer skills including word processing, excel, database management and using social media.
- A bachelor’s degree and a valid driver’s license are required.
- Employment or volunteer experience in college admissions will be considered.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.