Writing Center Director
January 28, 2015
Earlham is accepting applications for the position of Writing Center Director in the Academic Enrichment Center. This is a full-time, 10-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a full-benefit package.
The College seeks a motivated, independent, creative person to direct our Writing Center. The Director will partner with personnel across the College to promote excellent writing. This position is supervised by the Academic Enrichment Center Director.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Selection, training, oversight and evaluation of peer consultants.
- Faculty development workshops and seminars.
- Classroom workshops.
- Individual tutoring.
- Management of the Writing Center website.
- Teaching developmental writing tutorials.
- Maintenance of the Writing Center budget.
- Collaboration in conducting the Summer Writing Initiative as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- M.A. or M.F.A. in a writing-related field is required.
- Possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Writing Center practice and theory.
- Demonstrate an ability to work closely with a range of campus constituencies.
- Ability to work with students at all levels is essential.
- ESL background would be an advantage.
Preference will be given to those candidates with background in Writing Center Administration at the collegiate level and proven success in training and managing student tutors.
Please send CV, personal interest statement, and three letters of reference to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).