Assistant Volleyball Coach
June 22, 2015
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Volleyball Coach in the Department of Athletics. This is a full-time, 11-month administrative faculty appointment.
The Assistant Volleyball Coach works to assist the Head Volleyball Coach, performing all duties in compliance with all the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and Earlham College.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes.
- Plan and host prospective student-athlete visits to campus.
- Assist head coach in responding to contacts generated throughout the year. These include coaches’ mailings, attendance at tournaments, showcases, observing team camps, recruiting services and admissions contacts.
- Establish and maintain recruiting database in Front Rush.
- Perform phone calls and emails to recruits usually 5-10 calls per night, 3-4 nights per week.
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits usually 2 to 3 times per week during season.
- If available assist in summer recruiting efforts by attending club tournaments.
- Video coordinator – assure that all video exchanges are performed including the filming and copying of our games, the request and secure of future opponent game film and the editing of our games and future opponents tapes.
- Assist the head coach as travel coordinator by arranging bus and van schedules, pre- and post-game meals and overnight accommodations.
- Assist the head coach in monitoring academic progress.
- Be a presence in the office, able to assist player needs.
- Help distribute, collect and inventory player gear and equipment.
- Assist with all program fundraisers.
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform his duties.
- Possibility of coaching the men’s club volleyball team as well as serve as the liaison between the men’s and women’s teams.
- Be an active member of the athletics department staff by attending staff meetings, supporting other athletics programs and being responsive to the needs of departmental support staff (director of athletics, support staff, athletic trainer, sports information director, equipment manager).
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Previous collegiate experience whether it be coaching or playing, preferably at a NCAA Division III school, or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- Hitting and blocking experience is preferred.
- The ability to demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NCAA Division III athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts college.
- A current and valid driver’s license is required.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: email@example.com.
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.