Are You Ready for This?
Each year, students just like you travel to Richmond, Indiana, to participate in Earlham's Explore-A-College Program. Open to students who have completed their 9th, 10th or 11th grade, this opportunity prepares you for college both academically and socially. Many students return several summers in a row, earning two semester hours of transferable college credit each time. Please note that participants in the U.S.A. on a visitor's visa are not eligible to receive the college credit.
Classes range in size from five to 18 students and are taught by members of Earlham's faculty.
During the program, you will be housed in an Earlham residence hall with a fellow program participant. Most of the rooms are double occupancy; a few are triple; and a few are in a suite arrangement. Males and females will be housed on separate floors of the residence hall.
In addition to taking a class, you experience many aspects of college life: being away from home, having a roommate, making new friends, and participating in extracurricular activities which mirror those offered during the academic year:
- learning about other cultures
- community service
- movies and off-campus trips
- study breaks
- intramural sports
- talent show
- social gatherings
We often arrange activities tailored to some of your special interests:
- Tour the College's public radio station
- Share your creative writing
- Tour the Joseph Moore Museum, the College's natural science museum
- Participate in a percussion ensemble
- Enjoy using the College's facilities, including tennis and racquetball courts, an indoor pool, and the energy center
Feel free to email the director with any questions you may have.