Associate Director of Annual Giving — Institutional Advancement
March 13, 2017
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Associate Director of Annual Giving in the Institutional Advancement Office. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefit package.
The Associate Director of Annual Giving is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the annual giving appeals for Earlham College graduates of the last decade (GOLD), current and past parents of Earlham College students, and Earlham College reunion classes. Substantial travel is required to effectively fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Earlham College will enter its most ambitious fundraising campaign in July 2017, and annual giving administrators will be key in the College’s ability to attain the campaign goal.
The Associate Director of Annual Giving reports to the Senior Director of Annual Giving and works closely with all areas of the Institutional Advancement Office staff as well as with Marketing and Communications Office.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, implements and coordinates Annual Fund strategies for GOLD, parent and reunion constituencies.
- Oversees the direct mail solicitation process for those same constituencies.
- Coordinates and oversees reunion fundraising volunteers from classes celebrating five-year milestone reunions in order to maximize their class giving.
- Coordinates and oversees other volunteer groups as necessary to maximize giving among GOLD and parent constituencies.
- Plans, implements and coordinates stewardship and ongoing communication strategies for GOLD, parent and reunion constituencies.
- Conducts a minimum of 60 face-to-face visits with GOLD, parent and reunion donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Assists with statistical collection, evaluation and record keeping for the GOLD, parent and reunion constituency groups.
- Oversees content for relevant giving pages of Earlham’s website.
Experience & Qualifications
The Associate Director of Annual Giving should possess strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and planning skills and must be able to work effectively with volunteers.
Candidates for this position should have some experience in fundraising, alumni relations, volunteer coordination, admissions, sales, marketing or some combination thereof. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Please send a letter of application addressing the responsibilities of the position and qualifications of the applicant; resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African Americans, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).