College Meeting for Worship
The weekly College Meeting for Worship combines quiet worship, readings, music, and a prepared message by a senior student or faculty member. Designed as a semi-programmed Quaker service, each week’s speaker is encouraged to creatively incorporate elements from his or her own religious tradition. Worship begins at 1 p.m. on Sundays in Stout Meetinghouse.
Fall 2015 —
“The Burden of Forgiveness”
How do you forgive?
Is forgiveness always possible?
How does your faith inform your understanding of forgiveness?
How can respect inspire forgiveness (or vice versa)?
- 23: Trish Eckert, Director of the Newlin Quaker Center
- 30: Jay Roberts, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
- 6: Taylor Satterthwaite, Senior Theatre Arts Major
- 13: Deryk Bauer-Lee, Senior Religion Major
- 20: Hope Safford, Senior Music and Comparative Language & Linguistics Major
- 27: Iman Cooper, Senior Peace & Global Studies Major
- 4: Nicky Sontag, Senior Environmental Studies Major
- 11: Nick Archer, Senior Environmental Science Major
- 18: Silent Worship in the Manner of Unprogrammed Friends
- 25: George Crowson, Senior Computer Science Major
- 1: Kathy Taylor, Professor of Spanish and Hispanic Studies
- 8: Micky Jo Myers, Senior Ancient & Classical Studies Major
- 15: Will Henry, Senior Biology Major
- 22: Thanksgiving Break
- 29: Thanksgiving Break
- 6: Corrigan Eckert, Senior Art Major and Breanna Guindon, Senior Biology Major
- 13: Silent Worship in the Manner of Unprogrammed Friends