College Meeting for Worship
The weekly College Meeting for Worship combines quiet worship, readings, music, and a prepared message by a senior student or faculty member. Designed as a semi-programmed Quaker service, each week’s speaker is encouraged to creatively incorporate elements from his or her own religious tradition. Worship begins at 1 p.m. on Sundays in Stout Meetinghouse.
Fall 2016 —
“How Much is Enough?”
What would living simply look like?
What sustains you?
What compels you to say no?
What is yours to do in the world?
- 21: Greg Boyce, Religious Life Coordinator
- 28: Eric Nicholson, Senior Biochemistry Major
- 4: Karen Mager, Assistant Professor of Environmental Sustainability
- 11: Mussa Ibrahim, Senior Neuroscience Major
- 18: Jennie Kiffmeyer, Program Assistant for the Newlin Quaker Center
- 25: Sam Kahsay, Senior Computer Science Major
- 2: Gabe Penk, Senior History Major
- 9: Silent Worship in the Manner of Unprogrammed Friends
- 16: Lyn Miller, Associate Professor of Religion (Homecoming)
- 23: Hashem Abushama, Senior Peace and Global Studies Major
- 30: Somer Eckert, Senior English Major
- 6: Erica DeBruyne, Senior Biology Major
- 13: Trish Eckert, Director of the Newlin Quaker Center
- 20: Thanksgiving Break – no service
- 27: Thanksgiving Break – no service
- 4: Chris Smith, Associate Professor of Biology
- 11: Silent Worship in the Manner of Unprogrammed Friends