Writing Consultants conduct consultations with student clients providing support at all levels of writing competency including (but not limited to): purpose, audience, organization, development, style, and conventions. A consultant may assist in assignment interpretation, talking through ideas for an assignment, planning for a paper, or helping develop a text with greater specificity. Consultants are expected to possess a strong background and high level of comfort with the practice of writing, strong critical thinking skills, as well as, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Reference form is due April 29, 2015.
Qualifications and Expectations
- A sound academic record (accumulated GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Class standing of sophomore or higher
- Able to demonstrate strong composition and mechanical skills
- Possess good listening skills
- Able to build a rapport with student-clients
- Good sense of humor
- Enthusiasm for Earlham’s academic and social atmosphere
Directions for Completing This Form
For the Applicant: Send each of your references the link to this form. This online recommendation will remain confidential.
For the Reference: Please submit the form by the due date and include helpful, pertinent information in the comment sections. Please make sure the name of the person you're referencing is correct. Once done, press submit.