Support Your Student
As the parent of an Earlham student, there are many ways you can show your support as your student explores different career and life paths.
Encourage your student to:
- Visit the Career Education Office early and often
- Explore possible career paths by attending events and programs in the Center for Integrated Learning
- Seek out internship and volunteer opportunities
- Be active in his or her own education
Check out our Integrated Learning Guide to learn more about how students can make the most of their Earlham education.
Volunteer or Mentor
The Center for Integrated Learning welcomes parents who are willing to serve as mentors for Earlham students. Your professional and personal experiences are a valuable resource for not only your own student, but all of our students.
Parents can serve as mentors by:
- Talking to students about a career field or area of expertise.
- Hosting students who need short-term housing for an interview, internship, or other experience.
- Posting job, internship, and volunteer opportunities for Earlham students.
If you're interested in becoming a career mentor, please register using this form.
If you are in a position to offer Earlham students a job or internship, please register as an Employer in our Symplicity job posting system and contact the Center for Integrated Learning to learn more about how we can work together.
In the Career Education Office, our goal is to prepare Earlham students for meaningful lives and careers.
- 84% of our graduates report finding employment within six months of graduation.
- 92.3% of our graduates find employment within a year of graduation.
- 79.4% of Earlham grads report having meaningful employment.
- 90% of Earlham graduates report attending one of their top three graduate school choices.
- In the last 10 years, 11 Earlham students have received the Watson Fellowship, and 25 Earlham students have received the Fulbright.
Click here to find out more about our graduate outcomes.