Museums, Education, and Outreach
Science and Research
Submit an application through Symplicity. This can be accessed through theheart. A link to each posting in Symplicity is also on each job description.
Before you will be able to see the "Apply" button in Symplicity, you will need to have a resume uploaded. Please upload a relevant resume in the tab called "Documents." Then, you can continue with your application on the job description page.
You will be asked to upload a cover letter, resume, transcript, and application document for each internship. Your cover letter should describe, in 1-2 pages:
- Why you want to work for this organization
- What you hope to learn or do in this position
- Your educational and career goals
- Any relevant experience you have
The application document is attached to each job description in Symplicity. You will need to download it, fill it out, save it, and upload it along with your resume, transcript, and cover letter.
Application deadline: November 16th
Please contact Alexandra Pflug with any questions.
Note to Bonner Scholars: You may only accept an Indiana Pathways Fellowship internship opportunity if you do not plan on counting this summer as a summer of service. Please include in your cover letter that you are a Bonner Scholar and that you plan on fulfilling your summers of service in other years. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Adetokunbo Adeshile or Jana Schroeder.
Should I submit a hard copy of my application?
- No, please submit your application via the online application in Symplicity (link found in each job description on CIL website).
Do I need to write a different cover letter for each organization?
- Yes, we highly recommend that you tailor each cover letter according to the specific position for which you are applying.
To whom should cover letters be addressed?
- You may address your cover letters to Alexandra Pflug.
How are interns selected?
- A selection team will review the applications and select the top candidates to forward on to the organization. Applications will be judged by the quality of the mechanics and content of the cover letter and resume, as well as faculty recommendations and overall match between the organization's needs and the student's interests. The organization will then conduct interviews and make an offer to the student of their choice.
May I list a previous employer as a reference?
- Please list Earlham teaching faculty who are familiar with your work and academic performance.
Will my references need to provide a letter of recommendation?
- You will need to provide us with the name, Earlham email, and phone number of each reference. They will not need to write letters of recommendation, but should expect to receive a request from the Center of Integrated Learning to answer brief questions about you and your application.
Will housing be provided with the internships?
- For Indianapolis-area internships, Earlham College will subsidize housing at IUPUI campus residence halls (furnished apartments) through a grant. If selected interns would like to live at IUPUI for the summer, they will pay a subsidized rate of $500/month, to be removed from his/her paycheck as appropriate.
- For Wayne County internships, interns will be responsible for securing housing and transportation.
Will transportation be provided to the internship?
- The Center for Integrated Learning may be able to facilitate finding a transportation solution, but you are ultimately responsible for having transportation to your job site.
Should I contact the organization if I have additional questions?