The Earlham Student Senate (ESS) is the primary decision-making body of the ESG, and includes elected and appointed positions.
The elected positions include:
- Student Executive Council (SEC), which is made up of two co-presidents, two vice presidents and the clerk of the ESS.
- Two co-convenors to the Student Activities Board (SAB)
- Two co-convenors to the Student Organizations Council (SOC)
- One secretary of finance
- One recording clerk
- Student Residence Council (SRC), which includes ten student representatives elected from the different residence halls and College houses.
The following are appointed positions:
- At-large student representatives, appointed in the case when a worthy applicant is unable to join the ESS through the usual methods.
- Committee Representatives (CR's), appointed members from the College's standing committees.
- Organization Representatives (OR's), interested students representing a particular student organization.
In addition, the director of Student Activities and the vice president and dean of Student Development serve as advisors to the ESS.